Chrissy and I were so excited to finally get a chance to make our first video of Mississippi Kites today (8/4/2012) at Unger Park and share it with everybody.  We found three Kites hunting together from a dead tree.  We found this unusually since we are used to them staying in the air to forage.  These three were coming back and forth with what we think are cicadas - to the same limbs on this dead tree.  They were dive-bombed once by Blue Jays and eyed by a Flicker, but otherwise were left alone.   Unger Park is not far from St. Louis, near the intersection of Hwy 270 and Hwy 44.  Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kl9hyitBxk&hd=1

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO