This evening I visited Perry Phillips Lake and South Farm R-1 Lake in Boone Co. The best bird at Perry Phillips was….still thinking….maybe the EASTERN WOOD-PEWEE I heard? It was decidedly un-birdy around 6:30pm and the lake did not hold the terns I was hoping to find.

South Farm R-1 mostly held PECTORAL SANDPIPERS and KILLDEER (the usual), but a careful scan also revealed a few LEAST, a BAIRD'S, a few SEMIPALMATED and four SPOTTED SANDPIPERS. Still hoping for a Buff-breasted Sandpiper to show up (last year they didn't show at South Farm until the first few days of September) sometime soon with the reports from everywhere else!

Cheers,
Ryan Douglas
Boone Co.

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO