Found the following excerpt/link from the AR listserve.
Common sense, but we all get busy and can forget about such things.

"....Do not store your binoculars in an excessively hot or cold vehicle.
The excessive heat can cause swelling of the barrels which in turn can
cause one or both of the objective (large lens) lenses to pop out or
crack. Excessive heat and cold can also cause moisture or condensation
to build up inside the binoculars. Don't leave your binoculars on the
dash of a vehicle even if they are in the case. The sun shining through
the windshield can magnify the outside temperature many times....."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2176216

This probably also goes for your scope too.

WHEN is fall coming........geez, I give.

BTW, seeing a few reports of fall migrant passerines here and there on
the Midwest listserves.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO