BIG thank you, Dave Haenni!  What a day for witnessing the young!  From
approximately 5PM to 8PM, I was mesmerized by the juvenile Tricolored
Heron playing and foraging with juvenile Green Herons and a juvenile
Snowy Egret.  During that time I was joined by one of Missouri's newest
and most excited young birders, Tanner Caldwell (13 years old?  How old
are you Tanner?), as well as Tanner's father in experiencing this.  Here
are some photos and a video I promised Tanner.  (Chrissy was unable to
join us due to illness, but she was there in spirit.  She'd called
Tanner, informed him about the Tricolored Heron and encouraged him most
strongly to meet up with me.  I think this was his first experience of a
Tricolored Heron.  What a special time it was.)

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvzbQPCK2KM&hd=1
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvzbQPCK2KM&hd=1>

Photos: