Found the following excerpt/link from the AR listserve.
Common sense, but we all get busy and can forget about such things.

"....Do not store your binoculars in an excessively hot or cold vehicle. The excessive heat can cause swelling of the barrels which in turn can cause one or both of the objective (large lens) lenses to pop out or crack. Excessive heat and cold can also cause moisture or condensation to build up inside the binoculars. Don't leave your binoculars on the dash of a vehicle even if they are in the case. The sun shining through the windshield can magnify the outside temperature many times....."

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2176216

This probably also goes for your scope too.

WHEN is fall coming........geez, I give.

BTW, seeing a few reports of fall migrant passerines here and there on the Midwest listserves.

Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.