Matt Malin and I birded Hwy 79 this morning (Pike and Lincoln Counties) from
6:45-10:30.  Really thought last night's front would have brought in some
birds, but appeared to be lower numbers of the same mix of birds from last
weekend.  Ended morning with 10 shorebirds species.  Highlights included:

B.K. Leach CA - King's Lake Unit:

-  4 Black-necked Stilts

- 2 SANDHILL CRANES, thanks for posting Charlene.  These birds were just
north of the conservation area in a winter wheat field along Norton Woods
Road (right side when heading north).

- Photos of Sandhill Cranes:

http://www.pbase.com/jpuf/image/145209793

http://www.pbase.com/jpuf/image/145209784

Clarence Cannon NWR:

-          2 Upland Sandpipers.  Same fields they have been in, getting
harder to see as the grass gets taller.  However, they were being quite
vocal - So, might be best to listen first than try to find them.

-          Lots of Turkey Vultures over the river, but could not turn any
into a Mississippi Kite, much less a Swallow-tailed.

-          2 Black Terns flying with the swallows

-          Couple of flyover Bobolinks

Winfield Lock and Dam/Sandy Slough:

-          Nothing new from last weekend; fewer birds overall, but increase
in Semipalmated Sandpipers and Plovers since I was there last weekend.

-          Near Winfield along Big Box Road, where it crosses the slough; at
least 35 Eurasian Tree Sparrows, also about 10 sitting on fence at Lock and
Dam.

Joshua Uffman

St. Louis County, Missouri