Josh Uffman called, he saw 2 SANDHILL CRANES at BK Leach CA, Kings Lake unit
right along the road pretty much where the Snowy Owl was originally seen.
(near Norton Woods).

Hopefully he found more variety of shorebirds than we did when we went up
Hwy 79 on Saturday...mostly pects, semi-sands, etc.
One WESTERN SANDPIPER was seen by Jim M. though.
Thought I had a Baird's.

PLEASE NOTE: the bridge at the north end of Foley will close on Monday
for repairs,
shutting down Hwy 79 here. See MODot website for detour routes.
May have to jog quite a bit out of the way to get north of Foley.

Good birding,
Charlene Malone
St. Louis co.