III Annual LANGSA Graduate Conference

February 23rd 2013

University of Connecticut

CALL FOR PAPERS

Open Humanities. Multifaceted Approaches for the 21st Century

This yearís conference of the Languages Graduate Student Association at the University of Connecticut aims to investigate the development and changes in the study and teaching of the humanities. Digital humanities as a new field are emerging, public humanities offer a different career path and interdisciplinary work opens up the field of traditional studies in the humanities. Furthermore, online tools and classes, and undergraduates in the humanities pursuing secondary degrees in the social sciences and other colleges change our teaching and call for new approaches and skills. With our conference we want to participate in the conversation on all these emerging, multifaceted approaches that open up our fields of research and foster the cooperation between different disciplines inside and outside of the humanities.

We welcome contributions across all disciplines; including literature, film, languages, political science, human rights, science, history, cultural studies, music, fine arts, gender, psychology and cognitive science.

Relevant themes and topics may include but are not limited to:

We welcome submissions and proposals for papers in English. Presentations will be limited to a reading time of 20 minutes (8-10 pages). Abstracts should follow the MLA style and be between 300-500 words; they must include a cover letter indicating the title, authorís name, affiliation, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and short biography.

Please send abstracts to [log in to unmask] by December 20th 2012.

--
LANGSA
Languages Graduate Student Association†