III Annual LANGSA Graduate Conference

February 23rd 2013

University of Connecticut

CALL FOR PAPERS

*

Open Humanities. Multifaceted Approaches for the 21st Century
*

This yearís conference of the Languages Graduate Student Association at the
University of Connecticut aims to investigate the development and changes
in the study and teaching of the humanities. Digital humanities as a new
field are emerging, public humanities offer a different career path and
interdisciplinary work opens up the field of traditional studies in the
humanities. Furthermore, online tools and classes, and undergraduates in
the humanities pursuing secondary degrees in the social sciences and other
colleges change our teaching and call for new approaches and skills. With
our conference we want to participate in the conversation on all these
emerging, multifaceted approaches that open up our fields of research and
foster the cooperation between different disciplines inside and outside of
the humanities.

We welcome contributions across all disciplines; including literature,
film, languages, political science, human rights, science, history,
cultural studies, music, fine arts, gender, psychology and cognitive
science.

Relevant themes and topics may include but are not limited to:

   - Digital Humanities
   - Teaching with technology
   - Online classes
   - Interdisciplinary approaches like: Literature and Science (Medicine,
   Cognitive Science...) and Literature and Human Rights
   - Teaching across the curriculum, teaching languages for specific fields
   outside of the humanities (engineering, environmental studies etc)
   - New theories like ecocriticism
   - Public Humanities

We welcome submissions and proposals for papers in English. Presentations
will be limited to a reading time of 20 minutes (8-10 pages). Abstracts
should follow the MLA style and be between 300-500 words; they must include
a cover letter indicating the title, authorís name, affiliation, address,
telephone number, e-mail address, and short biography.

Please send abstracts to [log in to unmask] by December 20th 2012.

--
LANGSA
Languages Graduate Student Association