This evening around 4:30pm I went back out to South Farm R-1 Lake (Boone Co.) to see what kind of turnover occured. There were even more shorebirds than in the morning! I only saw 1 STILT SANDPIPER in the morning, but 5 were there on my second pass. The Baird's Sandpipers (2) and Lesser Yellowlegs (1) seemed to have departed. Numbers of everything else (LEAST, SEMIPALMATED, PECTORAL SANDPIPERS) were definitely up compared to 8am today. About 40 EASTERN MEADOWLARKS were hopping around on the mudflats with the shorebirds when I arrived around 4:30pm. From a distance (as I drove up) I couldn't tell what they were and and was thinking, "What the...." until they all flew. Can't wait to see what drops in over night!

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow
310 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO