I made a trip to Swan Lake NWR, Chariton Co,. MO today to look for the Wood Storks.  I arrived at 9:30 am and was unable to locate the Storks and ran into others that had been there a while with the same result.  I spent some time touring the refuge and saw several Yellow-crowned Night Herons, a Green Heron and even an American Woodcock browsing the shore behind the visitor center.  Upon returning to the northwest corner of the refuge around 11:30 am, several birders were present watching a single Wood Stork further down the tree line from where they are usually seen, in a large dead tree with many Great Egrets.

Happy Birding!
Greg Leonard
Columbia, MO