The cold front from the north brought us some rain early this morning. (Thank goodness!) It also seems to have brought south the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. Yesterday I had my regular Mr. & Mrs. Hummer, plus what appeared to be a new young one. This morning I have seen six hummers at the same time and I believe there are others zooming around. I think I recall Charlene telling us that for every hummer we see when migration kicks up there are actually four birds circulating through the same space. That would translate into 24 hummers in my backyard. Wow! Fresh sugar water is cooling as I type.

Good birding, Susan

Susan Hazelwood

MOBirds-L Co-Owner

Columbia, MO