From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Christine Kline
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 12:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bobolink at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge

A team of birders and a biologist spotted a Bobolink today!  Since our
checklist states it's rare/uncommon, we felt it was worth mentioning.  The
Bobolink was spotted off the auto tour route in a closed area during a
survey; however, from the auto tour route, keep your eyes open on the
northeast side of the loop near the pump house, Davis Creek, and look
towards the grass fields.  These areas are protected for the Massassauga
Rattlesnake, so please don't leave the auto tour route.  (Respect the
signage.)

The staff at Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge has been working so hard
throughout the years to improve and expand the prairie habitat.  Perhaps
we'll get more next year?  So kudos to the staff!

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County

  _____

Archives <https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html>  / Subscription