Jerri Davis of Excelsior Springs, and Harriett Dunn and I,(Kearney) arrived
at Swan Lake about 9:30 am. We did not see the storks, but I don't think we
were watching the right line of trees. There was a lot of activity of small
birds in the row of trees by the road as well as glimpses of Green Heron,
Wood Duck, and Yellow-crowned Night Heron. Harriett saw a Prothonotary
Warbler. I saw a Red-Shouldered Hawk in the air, and heard a Marsh Wren.
After coming back from the Visitor's Center we located the 2 Wood Storks as
we looked directly at the line of trees along the north edge of lake
(instead of the road edge), east and out of sight from where we had been
parked earlier, so they were probably there all the time we were. At 11:20
am the two immature storks were wading around in the wet area around the
logs and among the bare tree trunks so we were able to scope them and get
excellent looks without leaves in the way. We didn't sign in at the
Visitor's Center, so gave the details above since I remember seeing a post
that the manager would like to have documentation of visitors coming to see
the storks.

Jo Ann Eldridge, Kearney, Clay