Thanks to Charlene telling my wife about the Buff-breasted Sandpipers,
Uplands and more, I rushed to meet her after work as she was leaving
RMBS.   (She'd made a quick pass there around 5PM after a grueling day
and did feel rewarded by catching a Ruddy Turnstone in Heron Pond. She
said there were many other shorebirds there as well - Stilt Sandpipers,
a Semi-palmated Plover and more that I didn't get to see.)   We got  to
Clarence Canon around 7PM.   We spent most of our time trying to get
this cheapy digital I'd grabbed from work (I didn't have any of my
regular equipment with me - hadn't planned on birding) to work on our
scope to take photos of a bird we initially thought might be the Ruff
that Charlene had mentioned might be there.  We decided, after a half
hour, it was an injured Pectoral Sandpiper.  Here's a photo:

Injured Pectoral Sandpiper that might be the possible Ruff

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/7654428124/in/photostream
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/wildreturn/7654428124/in/photostream>

We were also able to see most of the mentioned birds by Charlene Malone
and Dave Haenni except for the Wilson's Phalarope.

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO