Two Wood Storks were perched in the same tree I first found them in on July10, at 11:20 this a.m. They were still there preening when I left at 1 p.m. A Marsh Wren was singing near by. Heard a few more MAWR and several Sedge Wrens while driving around the refuge. A flock of around 50 Ducks flew up from a borrow ditch near the middle of the area. It was mostly Wood Duck, but also saw 15 Blue-winged Teal in it. There were two Ruddy Ducks way out on Silver Lake. don't know where they have come from, had not seen them in any previous visits this Summer.
Saw a male Ringed-neck Duck, in eclipse plumage, at Fountain Grove on the way back. Think it may be injured as I saw it at same place earlier.

I started out at Pershing SP, Linn Co. this morning and walked around some of the newer additions. Found 2 Upland Sandpipers, 50 Horned Lark, several Grasshopper Sparrows, one flyover Bobolink, and flocks of 6 and 8 Eastern Kingbirds. Swallows starting to gather in larger numbers.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.