Two Wood Storks were perched in the same tree I first found them in on July10,
at 11:20 this a.m. They were still there preening when I left at 1 p.m. A Marsh
Wren was singing near by. Heard a few more MAWR and several Sedge Wrens while
driving around the refuge. A flock of around 50 Ducks flew up from a borrow
ditch near the middle of the area. It was mostly Wood Duck, but also saw 15
Blue-winged Teal in it. There were two Ruddy Ducks way out on Silver Lake. don't
know where they have come from, had not seen them in any previous visits this
Summer.

Saw a male Ringed-neck Duck, in eclipse plumage, at Fountain Grove on the way
back. Think it may be injured as I saw it at same place earlier.

I started out at Pershing SP, Linn Co. this morning and walked around some of
the newer additions. Found 2 Upland Sandpipers, 50 Horned Lark, several
Grasshopper Sparrows, one flyover Bobolink, and flocks of 6 and 8 Eastern
Kingbirds. Swallows starting to gather in larger numbers.

Later,
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.