a moment of epiphany, almost

It was back in 2000. I sat in an internet cafe typing out a letter to accompany the hard copy of my manuscript titled 'Eliot's Early Poetry in Perspective' to the publisher. The only thing lacking was a design for the front cover. Before I got up, however, I gave a side-glance to the computer at my neighboring table. And lo, there it was, a design created by a young guy who appeared to be a sophomore. I requested him to let me have a look at it. I was wholly intrigued. It seemed to be an emblem of the vital's ascension to the spiritual. There was a white square at its heart and a whiteness that surroundeded it which said, "The river is within us, the sea is all about us".

http://books.google.com/books/about/Eliot_s_Early_Poetry_in_Perspective.html?id=uKXwG_4wmSQC

CR