I wonder how much, if any of this material will become available in affordable form for book stores. The paucity of Eliot material in such stores is startling when compared with the whole shelves that were once available.
Imagine, the whole corpus available at once in one swell foop. Both a resurrection and an embalming all at once. The mind boggles. I wonder about the destiny of all the crit. material about E. Some of it is pretty classic.

P.M.

David Boyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Tim

Indeed, thank goodness for libraries ! To my great sadness and inconvenience, I have no academic library access these days, so am forced to pay  for membership of the (wonderful)  London Library (which I think you'll be familiar with, having probably once visited to listen to Craig Raine.) Given the millions that Mrs Eliot has donated to them, I'd hope they'll be minded to pay for any Eliot database (which if I recall right is going to be a joint venture with Faber and Faber).

Best Wishes

David