And so you should. My foolish cleverness was an attempt to bring Henry James' "design in the carpet" into play. I have Drew's book and have found it a useful reference. She was up against some pretty stiff competition amongst her contemporaries. I think they wound up getting the lion's share of the competition.
Peter M.