Thanks Richard. I claim nothing more than ignorance in the field of physics. I was using macro/micro loosely in my own patois as it were. I gather the recent CERN activity was trying to learn about the big bang (macro) by messing with subatomic particles (micro).
So I was trying to save time and words. Always happy to have a scientist in our company.
Cheers,
 Peter