interesting, the poetry editor of our local quality broadsheet is a woman called Gig Ryan who only occasionally publishes a book of her own poetry but is pretty involved in a rock band which seems to be her main output  ;   we also have a fair bit of performance poetry in pubs which gets  late night TV broadcast weekly which I suppose is a challenge to the music scene;  our national classical music radio station insists on broadcasting lyric poetry with bloody lute accompaniment confusing the notion that you can just jam the two together organically ;

it seems to me about the time Kurt Cobain sang
A mulatto :
An albino
A mosquito
My libido
Yeah
I started to wonder if we had got rid of the poet musicians.

Pete.