:)

The pun, I suppose, was more evident in Elizabeth Drew's "The Design of Eliot's Poetry"!

CR

From: P <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: Re: A design for Eliot's poetryj
Sent: Mon, Jul 2, 2012 7:39:54 AM

Is there a hint of a pun in your title, given that Eliot, Pound, Picasso &c were working to get passed, or even transcend perspective?

Chokh Raj <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

a moment of epiphany, almost

It was back in 2000. I sat in an internet cafe typing out a letter to accompany the hard copy of my manuscript titled 'Eliot's Early Poetry in Perspective' to the publisher. The only thing lacking was a design for the front cover. Before I got up, however, I gave a side-glance to the computer at my neighboring table. And lo, there it was, a design created by a young guy who appeared to be a sophomore. I requested him to let me have a look at it. I was wholly intrigued. It seemed to be an emblem of the vital's ascension to the spiritual. There was a white square at its heart and a whiteness that surroundeded it which said, "The river is within us, the sea is all about us".

CR