Hello one last time,

Please excuse my previous posts if I conflated some issues, over-quoted, etc.  I shouldn't reply so quickly near the end of a long day and week!  Suffice to say, we tend to use a single SAR for most fiction series based on the earliest transcription we find, and feel this is backed by PCC guidelines and customer convenience.  But cases such as Encyclopedia Brown will stretch this idea, since they're republished so many times, may produce spinoffs, and appear across spans of time when SAR guidelines may have changed.

That's all!  Please disregard my other misdirections, merci beaucoup.  Your PCC advisor is your best friend in such matters.

Michael Christian-Budd
Cataloger, Cataloging Services Department
The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Cincinnati, Ohio  (513) 665-3304

http://catalog.cincinnatilibrary.org