I was surprised to count a kettle of 11 Mississippi Kites this afternoon in Webster Groves near the corner of Big Bend and Berry Roads in Webster Groves, MO, a suburb of St. Louis.  I have seen kettles of kites before but not in this area nor during the nesting season.

Pat Lueders, Webster Groves, MO