Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 16:37:18 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: swallow staging
To: [log in to unmask]

    Marge and MObirders -

    Cliff Swallows were already staging at the Shoal Creek
    bridge, in extreme southeastern Kansas, this week.
    They probably nested elsewhere for a single brood, in
    my opinion.  They first showed just 10 days ago or so.
    I estimated 200 of them for ebirds.

    They have formerly nested there in the spring, but were
    notably absent this season until now.  CLSW are
    widespread critters.  They are found all through the U. S.
    as far as I know, including, if you will, Capistrano.
    CLSW have a long way to go for their wintering grounds:
    central and southern South America.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  certhiaATatt.net