I have heard/read that some people eat inky mushrooms. I was wondering if anyone on MOBIRDS-L has ever partaken of them? I have wanted to try them for quite a long time but was not sure if I should. A sizeable clump popped up yesterday in our backyard garden area. I brought about six small ones into our kitchen and caramelized them in butter and granola oil. I thought that they were delicious! If I do not have a reaction from eating them I will post again in a couple of hours. (Meanwhile, I went outside once one and brought in about twenty of them and put them in the fridge, just in case!)

Larry Lade
Saint Joseph, MO