Although my previous post implied that the water is noticeably low, a stale time it was not.
Pools replace what was earlier an expanse of shallow water.  Fun to see a  Great Blue,  Little Blues, Green Heron, and Great Egrets in the same binocular view hunting the many frogs about.  Wood Ducks w/their brood would come out of nowhere and paddle through the phalanx of pointed bills.  Fledges were out and about, too.  Grackle, Red-winged Blackbird, Tufted Titmouse, and a Downey (who still had red plumage on the top of its head) too name a few were trying the patience of the adults.
A Red-tailed hawk w/a rodent prey in tow also had a Black Bird species riding its back for a few moments-never seen that before.
A Mississippi Kite being ignored by another Red-tail. (Curious to observe how either would/ would not care about being in close proximity.).  I have seen the RTHA encourage Turkey Vultures to fly elsewhere in previous outings there.

Non-bird: A little Muskrat, born this year, made its presence known a lot, too.  Fun!

Low on water, not on excitement. (For me at least)

Bryan Prather
St. Louis Co. Mo.

Sent from my iPhone