One of our chapter members and his two boys spent three evenings and early night stalking about the fields around their house in Texas County trying to locate an active Scissor-tail flycatcher nest that they knew was in the area. The pair has been active for over a month and are still seen with regularity. On the third night they finally located the nest in an old pine tree. They did not disturb the nest nor the birds as they observed from the ground, the nest sits below an empty hawk nest..........What a neat adventure for the two boys as the three of them search together each evening, future birders in the making; cool stuff and citizen science at it's best.

Mike

Pablo Neruda.