Possibly a change in her view would work.  Native Americans and early frontiers found comfort in the calling of these birds.  When they abruptly stop calling and your surroundings go silent it is not time to sleep.  It is time to be alert.  Possibly VERY alert!  She should take comfort in knowing she has a natural protector outside her window.

Bill Blackledge
Plattsburgh/Smithville Lake

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 6, 2012, at 7:09 AM, Mike Doyen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Good morning.
>
> I have a good friend that lives on top of an Ozark Mountain and there is a Chuck's will Widow that is driving her crazy, she wants to know what to do to get it to move somewhere else and call all night. She is desperate for a good nights sleep and will try anything to get the bird to move.............Does anyone know if playing a E. Screech Owl or Barred Owl recording will help?
>
> Thanks
> Mike Doyen
> Rolla, MO
>
> Bird by bird I've come to know the earth.
> Pablo Neruda.
> ABA Birding Code of Ethics
>
> ASM Fall Meeting: September 21-23, 2012 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO. Details and Online Registration

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO