I posted a Long-billed Curlew sighting on Tuesday from Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge at Pintail Pool.  I was wondering if anyone had made an attempt to relocate it?  It would be a lifer for me and I was thinking about going up tomorrow.  I did receive a couple of inquiries on the likelihood of the curlew due to the time of year.  However, I’ve been told that “It might seem early in the season but chances are good it was southbound already after a failed nesting attempt. Some of the radio tagged LB Curlews have been shown to do that in June.”

I’ll anxiously await your replies.  I’d love to relocate it as a lifer.

Thank you!

Christine Kline

Board Member ~ Friends of Squaw Creek

Committee Chair ~ Wings Over Weston