St. Louis Audubon Society Field Trip:

When: Saturday, June 9, beginning at 7 AM
Where: Columbia Bottom Conservation Area, rendezvous at the headquarters parking lot
Birds: Expect to see a wide variety of resident birds for its shallow wetlands, bottomland hardwoods, prairie and cropland
Other: identify dragonflies, butterflies, frog and toad songs (if singing) and insect songs if somebody is along that can do this.

Participants: beginners through advanced, members and nonmembers of SLAS
Leader: Mike Grant and associates

Please bring your own water, snacks, lunch and wear comfortable shoes.  There will be some walking on flat terrain.  There could be some insects so bring your own spray.  This is planned as an all day trip, we will see how the birding and weather is and decide where to eat lunch and whether or not to continue to Riverlands.  If some are interested we will lunch at McDonald’s in Alton

Directions: To reach CBCA, go north approximately 2.8 miles from the I-270 Riverview Drive exit. Riverview Drive becomes Columbia Bottom Road at its intersection with Larimore Road. Look for the CBCA sign on the right side of the road. After immediately entering CBCA, make the first left to reach the headquarters parking lot.

Mike Grant

SLAS