I was excited to finally video the King Rail at the B. K. Leach Bittern Basin Unit (part of the B.K. Leach Memorial Conservation Area off Route P in Elsberry, Missouri) today.  While filming the adult, I discovered a chick to his right!  What a surprise!  Isn't this early?

Here is my short video clip of them.  (It's poor quality due to the distance and heat haze, but you can still make out the adult and chick.  The chick is the little moving black piece of fuzz on the right.):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlKgHO_ntN8&hd=1

I also filmed four Black-necked Stilt young from a great distance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSyemSJQO58&hd=1

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO