This morning I was birding in the Chesterfield Valley area and came upon an
alarmed pair of Blue Grosbeaks. Both the male and female Grosbeak were
carrying food for young, so I watched them for several minutes and they
eventually went to their nest in a small bush only 2 feet off the ground.
The nest contained newly hatched young with their eyes still closed. The
nest is along the north side of I-64/40 off the Outer Road in a convenient
parking area. This is an excellent nest for photography and with both
parents feeding the young- its a good opportunity to get some good shots.
I took a few photos of the birds and nest while there. To see them click on
the link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/sets/72157630004245461/
Good luck,
Dave Pierce
St. Louis County

D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website:  www.seniordogs4seniors.com
Home:  636.458.1892
Diane Cell:  314.452.3063
Bringing senior dogs and people together

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the
WORLD.”