I visited Bellefontaine CA in St Louis County this afternooon.  I saw a Black-crowned Night Heron.

Next, I spent a couple of hours at Riverlands MBS.  At the edge of Heron Pond, I saw a Black-bellied Plover and two Dunlin, all in breeding plumage.  I walked the trail near the maintenance area towards Heron Pond.  I saw another Black-bellied Plover, also in breeding plumage at an almost dried up pond near Heron Pond.

David Marjamaa
Manchester, MO