From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Chokh Raj
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:09 AM
Subject: Re: OT - Transit Venus

Whispering incantations

Grishkin is nice: her Russian eye
Is underlined for emphasis;
Uncorseted, her friendly bust
Gives promise of pneumatic bliss.

The couched Brazilian jaguar
Compels the scampering marmoset
With subtle effluence of cat;
Grishkin has a maisonette;

The sleek Brazilian jaguar
Does not in its arboreal gloom
Distil so rank a feline smell
As Grishkin in a drawing-room.

And even the Abstract Entities
Circumambulate her charm;

---

The boatman smiles,

Princess Volupine extends
  A meagre, blue-nailed, phthisic hand
To climb the waterstair. Lights, lights,
  She entertains Sir Ferdinand

Klein.

---

I know the voices dying with a dying fall
Beneath the music from a farther room.
  So how should I presume?

---

Incidentally, vis-a-vis the traditional ditty about 'The Good Ship Venus', this page on Eliot's bawdy verse is apropos:

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/3831831?uid=3739728&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=47699073687147

A closing note, nevertheless:

Tra-la-la-la-la-la-laire—nil nisi divinum stabile est; caetera fumus

CR