  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 7:09 AM
  Subject: Re: OT - Transit Venus

  Whispering incantations

  Grishkin is nice: her Russian eye
  Is underlined for emphasis;
  Uncorseted, her friendly bust
  Gives promise of pneumatic bliss.

  The couched Brazilian jaguar
  Compels the scampering marmoset
  With subtle effluence of cat;
  Grishkin has a maisonette;

  The sleek Brazilian jaguar
  Does not in its arboreal gloom
  Distil so rank a feline smell
  As Grishkin in a drawing-room.

  And even the Abstract Entities
  Circumambulate her charm;

  ---

  The boatman smiles,

  Princess Volupine extends
    A meagre, blue-nailed, phthisic hand
  To climb the waterstair. Lights, lights,
    She entertains Sir Ferdinand

  Klein.

  ---

  I know the voices dying with a dying fall
  Beneath the music from a farther room.
    So how should I presume?

  ---

  Incidentally, vis-a-vis the traditional ditty about 'The Good Ship Venus', this page on Eliot's bawdy verse is apropos:

  http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.2307/3831831?uid=3739728&uid=2129&uid=2&uid=70&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=47699073687147

  A closing note, nevertheless:

  Tra-la-la-la-la-la-laire—nil nisi divinum stabile est; caetera fumus

  CR