On 5/29/2012 5:10 PM, John Angell Grant wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">           One of Eliot's trials along the way:  I am struck by young Eliot's elaborately articulated reason-based rejection of the "immediate experience" idea of god in his thesis on Bentley; followed by Eliot's years of trying to connect to that immediate experience.

  John,

  I think you mean F. H. Bradley, not Bentley. Did he reject immediate experience per se or conclude that, so to speak, we cannot have our experience while we're being it? Or...?

   What are instances of his "trying to connect to that immediate experience"?

   Thanks,
   Ken A