As a rule I follow Northrop Frye in not indulging in 'ranking' writers.
(Frye compared evaluative criticism to an imaginary stock market: Shelley's
shares are down 3 pts; Browning has gained 1 pt, etc.) So I wouldn't try to
argue who was "the better poet." But over the last 50 years I have spent
many more hours reading Pound than reading Eliot. Now that my eyes are gone,
I can still read Pound (& Milton & Pope) in my mind as it were. I couldn't
say that of Eliot.

TWL & Gerontion are  powerful  poems  however.

Eliot thought of prefacing Gerontion to TWL. Pound said No. That might be
considered to indicate that Pound had more 'faith' in TWL. or at least was
less worried about its coherence, than Eliot.

Carrol

  _____