Excellent !!! Beholden to Rickard Parker for making it accessible.

CR

From: Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>;
To: <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: Re: How Eliot saw his letters.
Sent: Tue, Jun 26, 2012 9:50:59 AM

Wonderful!!!
P.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">Ken Armstrong
To: [log in to unmask]" ymailto="mailto:[log in to unmask]" target="_blank" href="javascript:return">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2012 8:46 AM

 Rick,

 Thanks for reuncovering this Hudson Review review of the letters. It raises all kinds of little questions, most pretty well track worn but still able to arrest one's Eliot gaze (or daze) for a while. But I particularly liked the retort of the last two sentences, which Pritchard styles as "not without its quotient of slyness," with Eliot responding to a letter from John Gould Fletcher finding his (E's) appreciation of emotion in the criticism to be wanting: "Certainly I don't deny the importance of emotion. I often find it present to me when other people only find frigidity...."

 Worth a smile for being funny, accurate, and still applicable.

 Ken A