I checked the four Joplin area lagoons yesterday,
    5-29-12.
    Young of the year ducks included:

    Wood Duck
    Mallard
    Blue-winged Teal

    One family of each as far as I could tell.
    Plenty of CAGO goslings too, of course - 40 or so of
    various stages of development.  + 40 adults.

    A couple of adult Northern Shoveler were present at
    the Carl Junction lagoons, but no young ones observed.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  certhiaATatt.net