This morning I visited Eagle Bluffs CA (Boone Co.) from ~8:45-10am to take one last look at the shorebirds this season. Shorebird numbers were waaaaaay down from Saturday AM. WHITE-RUMPED and SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS were the most abundant today (although White-rumped numbers are down from Saturday). Other migrating shorebirds included both YELLOWLEGS, PECTORAL SANDPIPERS, a few BAIRD'S SANDPIPERS and a single SEMIPALMATED PLOVER. There were so few shorebirds today that I actually took the time to make exact counts, which are in this eBird checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S10858914

A BLACK-NECKED STILT continues in the distribution channel. Two of the best birds of the day were probably a RUDDY DUCK and a NORTHERN PINTAIL.

I also continue to run into MISSISSIPPI KITES all over the county. On my way back up Rt. K I found one adult hunting over the Cascades subdivision. I thought I saw a kite there on my way down around 8:30am, but didn't get a chance to stop/get a good look. On the way back up around 10:20am I was able to pull over and confirm my suspicions.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Douglas
Postdoctoral Fellow
310 Tucker Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211

ASM Fall Meeting: Sptember 21-23 at Camp Clover Point, Osage Beach MO