----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Lawrence Herbert
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Joyce Haynes
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:04 PM
Subject: HOWA, McDonald County

    Joyce Haynes and I observed a Hooded Warbler
    on her farm just west of Pineville, McDonald County,
    this morning.  It was a singing male and I had great
    looks at it.  Joyce had a brief look, but she was able to
    ID HOWA !.

    Interestingly, he was singing "To Wah, To Wah, To Wah, To Wah."
    Reading about that on BNA on line, I read that the male
    sings that song until he has found a willing female.  Then
    he sings "To Wah, To Wah, To Wah, Chee Choo."  That is
    the song that you will hear on I pods and prior stuff, like I have.

    This HOWA was singing in upland oak woodland, not bottom land
    forest, as the literature states.  I would have thought migrant, but,
    Joyce heard it there yesterday too!

    Learn, or recall, something knew each day.

    Larry Herbert,  Joplin, Jasper County, MO.  certhiaATatt.net  5-16-12.

ASM Fall Meeting at Lake of the Ozarks State Park. All are welcome. Details and Online Registration