Susan and I watched the Mississippi Kites at Jesse Hall in Columbia for about 40 minutes this afternoon. Only one bird was swooping about most of the time, but now and then we saw the second bird much higher in the sky. We were pondering if we could get up into the rotunda and perhaps spot the nest from above, but the building was locked. :-)

Kevin Wehner
Kansas City

ASM Fall Meeting: September 21-23, 2012 at Camp Clover Point, Lake of the Ozarks State Park, Osage Beach. for details and online registration.