Took some time to walk around Forum nature area late this evening and the new
area to the east; things of note: lots of Indigo Buntings, Eastern Bluebirds, some
Tree Swallows, Cardinals in abundance, 2 yellow throated Warblers; 2 Pied billed
Grebes, Canada Geese, Mallards, 1 pair Woodducks. Also my FOY Green Heron. I
heard a Barred Owl . There were  Blue-gray Gnatcatchers in the parking lot area
flitting amongst the trees.
In the new area, to the east:  3 Male Woodducks plus 1 pair Woodducks, 2
female Mallards, both with little ducklings, 1 Blue winged teal, Killdeer, 2 Male
Mallards, Black-capped Chickadees, Cardinals, Downey Woodpeckers.  One
cautionary note, if you are walking in the evening, mosquito spray would be a
GREAT idea!

Carol Weston
Columbia, MO