To register for an event please click on the following link:

https://etapps.missouri.edu/cwp/event
Mindful Writing Retreat
May 29th - June 1st, 2012 from 10:00am - 5:00pm
MU Old Alumni Center
Cost $200 (graduate scholarships may be available)
Register by May 21, 2012
As important as writing is to most us in any discipline, it is also often one of the hardest things we do.  If you’re like me, you may find that you procrastinate when given a writing assignment, and you may find it hard to complete longer writing projects.  This retreat is intended to address these difficulties by working with issues of motivation and control of writing.  We’ll work with “mindfulness” practices, including non-sectarian meditation and mindful movement, in order to help facilitate greater focus.  Each day will include periods of yoga, meditation, and relaxed, mindful writing.  Our intention will be to cultivate writing with greater comfort and fluency.

Faculty Writing Retreat
July 12th - 13th, 2012
The Frederick Hotel, Boonville, Missouri
Cost $200 (includes 1 night hotel stay, food for both days and other expenses)
Register by June 15, 2012
At this retreat participants may work on any writing they choose.  We have a block of rooms available, meeting space and opportunities to work with professional editors.  The schedule will include optional activities to explore and experience some of Boonville’s history and attractions, including meals at Glenn’s Cafe, bike rides or walks on the Katy Trail, a winery tour, etc.

Faculty Writing Intensive Workshop
August 13th - 14th, 2012
Reynolds Alumni Center
8:30am - 3:00pm
This workshop is designed to help prospective Writing Intensive Faculty learn to promote critical thinking through writing, design effective writing assignments, and provide feedback that balances content and mechanics.  Sessions include: Assignment design, Courses that work, Transforming a conventional course to WI, Responding to student writing, The WI course application/approval process Information on Writing Intensive Tutorial Services, and Non‐traditional WI and use of technology.  First time Faculty attendees will receive a $200 stipend via E&E funds transfer for attending 2 full days.

TA Writing Intensive Workshop
Assisting in the WI Classroom: Strategies for Success
August 17th, 2012
Memorial Union- Stotler Lounge
9:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Writing Intensive courses make special demands upon faculty and graduate teaching assistants.  This workshop is designed to help both WI faculty and their TAs prepare to work together in the WI classroom.  Sessions are most beneficial when faculty and TAs attend as teams.  Sessions Include: Strategies for establishing grading criteria, balancing content and mechanics, evaluating writing, conferencing with students, Ideas on defining mutually beneficial Faculty/TA working relationships,  and Resource materials for WI TAs.  First time TA’s will receive a $50 stipend for attending the full day.

Jackie Thomas
Administrative Assistant
University of Missouri Campus Writing Program<http://cwp.missouri.edu/>
Conley House, 602 Sanford St.