Fall 2012 & Spring 2013 WI Courses

If you are planning to teach a WI course for the Fall 2012 or Spring 2013 semester(s) please submit your course proposal on the Campus Writing Program Website.  WI Courses are reviewed and approved by the Campus Writing Board.  The summer 2012 Campus Writing Board Meeting will be held in mid-July and the first Fall meeting will be in September.   If you would like your course to be reviewed at the July meeting and designated as WI on MyZou before the Fall semester begins, please have your proposal in to the Campus Writing Program no later than June 25, 2012!

Summer Writing Events (see attached flyer for more information)

To register for an event please click on the following link:

https://etapps.missouri.edu/cwp/event

Mindful Writing Retreat

presented by Donna Strickland

May 29th – June 1st, 2012 from 10:00am – 5:00pm

MU Old Alumni Center

Cost $200 (graduate scholarships may be available)

Register by May 21, 2012

As important as writing is to most us in any discipline, it is also often one of the hardest things we do.  If you’re like me, you may find that you procrastinate when given a writing assignment, and you may find it hard to complete longer writing projects.  This retreat is intended to address these difficulties by working with issues of motivation and control of writing.  We’ll work with “mindfulness” practices, including non-sectarian meditation and mindful movement, in order to help facilitate greater focus.  Each day will include periods of yoga, meditation, and relaxed, mindful writing.  Our intention will be to cultivate writing with greater comfort and fluency.

Faculty Writing Retreat

July 12th – 13th, 2012

The Frederick Hotel, Boonville, Missouri

Cost $200 (includes 1 night hotel stay, food for both days and other expenses)

Register by June 15, 2012

At this retreat participants may work on any writing they choose.  We have a block of rooms available, meeting space and opportunities to work with professional editors.  The schedule will include optional activities to explore and experience some of Boonville’s history and attractions, including meals at Glenn’s Cafe, bike rides or walks on the Katy Trail, a winery tour, etc.

Jackie Thomas

Administrative Assistant

University of Missouri Campus Writing Program

Conley House, 602 Sanford St.

Columbia, MO  65211

573-882-4881

Facebook-IconTwitter-Icon