What's done is done, and cannot be undone. But let the frame of things disjoint. Both the wrolds suffer.
MacBeth.

Any idea of the location of that last quote, CR?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:10 AM
  Subject: The Value of Images for a Poet (was Re: OT - Chapel Perilous)

        "The poet’s mind is ... a receptacle for seizing and storing up numberless feelings, phrases, images, which remain there until all the particles which can unite to form a new compound are present together."

        WEBSTER was much possessed by death
        And saw the skull beneath the skin;
        And breastless creatures under ground
        Leaned backward with a lipless grin.

        Daffodil bulbs instead of balls
        Stared from the sockets of the eyes!
        He knew that thought clings round dead limbs
        Tightening its lusts and luxuries.

        Donne, I suppose, was such another
        Who found no substitute for sense;
        To seize and clutch and penetrate,
        Expert beyond experience,

        He knew the anguish of the marrow
        The ague of the skeleton;
        No contact possible to flesh
        Allayed the fever of the bone.

        -- TS Eliot, 'Whispers of Immortality'

        "the more perfect the artist, ... the more perfectly will the mind digest and transmute the passions which are its material"

        CR