Clair de lune (Debussy), third movement of Suite bergamasque by Claude Debussy, a piano depiction of a Paul Verlaine poem

In some places moonshine is illegal.
P.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Chokh Raj
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:07 AM
  Subject: Re: OT -- SUPER MOON ON MAY 5

  'Rhapsody' is so intense, so empathetic, it has often moved me to tears:

    The moon has lost her memory.

  Reminds me of the Thames daughter who can "connect nothing with nothing."
  And this from 'Conversation Galante':

    I observe: “Our sentimental friend the moon!
    Or possibly (fantastic, I confess)
    It may be Prester John’s balloon
    Or an old battered lantern hung aloft
    To light poor travellers to their distress.”

   “Some one frames upon the keys
    That exquisite nocturne, with which we explain
    The night and moonshine; music which we seize
    To body forth our own vacuity.”

   CR