Suspect that the fact that it was the established, traditional Church of
England was most important indeed  to him (as well as that key doctrinal
issue of Papal infallibility - ingloriously in a narrrow sense reposing
with Henry VIII and his unfortunate wives, but too with the various
traditions of The European Reformation, and linking thereby with Eliot's
own emigrant ancestors and again with his own sense of tradition, eg, as in
such as East Coker